Wednesday 26 April 2017

The tentative return of Tomoe River paper

Finding a printer that works with 52 gsm Tomoe River paper has been a complete nightmare.  I've bought and returned at least five printers, all of which I confirmed in advance WOULD work with TR paper.  When I got each of them home, set them up, and gave it a whirl, every one jammed.  I called tech support, who would then laugh in my face at the idea that the printer could possibly print on 52 gsm paper.  Telling them they the spec sheet, the manual, the sale reps, AND another tech support employee had all confirmed in advance that it should work did nothing to quell their laughter.

In desperation, I even tried an inkjet printer.  It does work with TR paper, but the print quality is far below a laser printer. I'll keep it for personal use, just in case, and also because I bought it at Henry's where apparently printers are final sale (UGH!), but I don't feel comfortable selling what comes out of the inkjet printer.

However, today my old printer decided to start working again.  I honestly have no idea why.  I'm going to start small - only selling a few TR sets per week to start, and making sure to give lots of down time to the printer so as not to overwork it.

I'm still working on  finding a printer that is reliable for TR paper.  I've got a few leads, but every day, another lead comes up short.  Just like it did today.  At any rate, for now, I'll just make a few sets available whenever it looks like the printer is working.  Add this listing to your cart, one for EACH SET you'd like on TR paper.  Then in the notes to seller, please let me know which sets you'd like on TR paper.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/513490062/make-mine-tomoe-river?ref=shop_home_active_1

I've also listed a few new sets that I've had designed for months.  I've been sending them out as freebies to customers, but hadn't gotten around to listing them yet.  I've got a few more designed already as well, and I'll list them this week and next.

Thanks!










No comments:

Post a Comment